The last year has seen my room undergo a huge change. My desktop table which used to take up almost ¼ of the space is free. But its left behind this huge bunch of wires(earlier they used to hide behind the cabinets and the desktop..lol) which i still have to connect to my laptop for accessing the printer or my external disk drives.
Right now I am real desperate to get rid of them and I think its not only me. Well somebody has the answers. Belkin is introducing the first USB Hub that does not require a cable to connect to the computer. This Hub allows people to place their laptop anywhere in the room while still maintaining wireless access to their USB devices, such as printers, scanners, hard drives, and MP3 players.
In a nutshell this is what its capable of:
- Gives desktop-computer users the freedom to place their USB devices anywhere in the room without running long cables
- Laptop users gain the freedom to roam wirelessly with their laptops around the room while still maintaining access to their stationary USB devices
- Connects USB printers, cameras, scanners, and other devices to your computer wirelessly, from up to 30 ft. away
- Transfers data at speeds of up to 480Mbps for USB 2.0 devices
- Includes a 4-port Hub, a USB Dongle (that connects into your computer), and a Dongle stand to give you optimum wireless reception
With a price ranging around USD 200, its worth it. They have announced a launch date of January 12, 2007 in Asia, Europe, and Australia. I am waiting!!
Get more information here.