Using RSS Graffiti with WordPress for a no fuss social connectivity
I installed RSS Graffiti on my Facebook apps today. It is an amazing Facebook application that takes the fuss out of keeping my Facebook friends and fans updated with the latest news from my blog. It periodically checks the RSS/Atom feeds that I specify and posts any new entries it finds to my Facebook Wall. If you are a blogger, this is one quick & easy way to drive traffic to your blog.
Here’s a quick walk-through, how to add your WordPress feed to RSS Graffiti on Facebook:
- Search for “RSS Graffiti” in Facebook Applications
- The first step in installing an application onto your Facebook page is to go to that application. In the search results. Simply click on RSS Graffiti to begin the process of installing the application on your Facebook page.
- Below the icon in the upper left-hand corner is a button that reads “Go to Application”. Simply click on the button to start the installation process.
- You will need to authorize RSS Graffiti to access your Facebook page. You do this by clicking on the authorization button highlighted in the picture. This will result in a pop up message box that confirms you are granting permission. Once you have confirmed that RSS Graffiti has permission to access your page, you will need to grant it permission to allow constant authorization and permission to publish on your Facebook page. Once you have granted RSS Graffiti these permissions, you are ready to begin setting it up to automatically post your RSS feed to your Facebook page.
- Set up the individual RSS feed you would like to install on your page (see hints below). I have Mani also posting on my blog so I used just my individual author feed, so her posts don’t cross-post on my Facebook wall. If you are the only poster just draw the main blog feed.
- You are set. RSS Graffiti. You can also add other feeds later. The simple dashboard gives you a fair picture of how many articles it has posted on Facebook and when it last checked your blog feed etc. There is also a refresh link to force-check your feed right then.
RSS Graffiti is a really wonderful potential tool for social networking. If you found the article useful please share your comments below.